Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Families Are Forever

So I have to start by thanking Mindy for telling me about the awesome shabby blog website. It is awesome. I was just looking through the blinkers and stuff like that when I saw the one that says "Families are Forever". I couldn't agree more with that. I have especially been thinking about that this month as I have for the last 4 years. Tomorrow May 21 is a specially hard day for me. This is the day that my son Ethan passed away. He was born on the 2 of this month. Most of you know the story of what happened. He was born very premature (14weeks early) and developed some complications. Me and Travis had to make the decision to take him off life support. The hardest thing that we have ever had to do. I know I never wrote anything about mother's day so I'm going to tell you about the most special one that I have had so far. The first time that I got to hold Ethan was actually on mother's day. What a great day that was to finally hold my son. I'm so glad that we have the knowledge that we do about family's being forever. Knowing that Ethan will be are son forever and we will get the chance to raise him is a great blessing to me. Life doesn't always seem fair. Challenges and trials get thrown at us all the time. Some are definitely worse than others but we all learn and grow from these things. If only we could see the big picture it would all make more sense. No matter what happens we will always have family. I'm so grateful for my family and for all the love and support that they gave us during the biggest trial that I hope we have to go through. I know there will be more trials and we will learn and grow. We cannot progress without it. Ethan we love you and miss you every day. We look forward to the day that we can all be together as a family. I love you and your Daddy loves you so much. What a great day that will be to hold you in our arms again.

"We held you in are arms now we hold you in are hearts"

1 comment:

Francis Family said...

Thanks for making me cry at my most vulnerable state first of all! And second, I didn't realize that it was the 21st he passed away on. You are sure a strong person and have been through a lot, and your right I know Dustin and I have our challenges, but there are definately harder things we could go through. You probably went through the hardest challenge of all and you are an amazing person for getting through it. We love you guys. Great post.
(oh and cute background ;))