Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm Broken, But Alive!

K I'm not totally broken... just my foot! Lots of you have already heard the story but I really feel it is something that I need to blog about.
About a week and a half ago everything was pretty good. I had gone to the relief society meeting and felt like it went really well. I came home sat down to watch Grey's and just unwind. It was about 11pm and Travis works really early so he had been in bed already for 2 hours. I was walking down the stairs and it was all in like slow motion, like you know it's going to happen and you can't do anything about it. I missed the last 2 or 3 steps and landed on my foot really wrong. I landed on the edge of it and then all my weight went on it heard a nasty crunch, then I cracked my knee on the other leg super hard on the floor. I was laying there thinking " O My goodness I think I broke both legs" I have never felt pain like that before. I screamed and yelled for Travis but, because he had the door shut and a fan on there was absolutely no way in the world he was going to hear me. I was hoping that Emma might wake up but really who I'm I kidding she sleeps like a log! So after about 15-20Min's of yelling the pain subsided in my knee a little or at least enough to crawl up the stairs to the bedroom. Travis woke up and thought I was having a gall bladder attack, so he started rubbing my back really hard! I was like no I think I broke my foot. Thank goodness Dustin could come over and stay with the kids while we went to the ER. I got right in and got a x-ray done. The Dr. came back and told me it was broken. Then he added that because of how it broke they might have to do surgery to set the bone. I came back to the hospital in the morning to see the Orthopedic Dr. and he said that it would heal just fine and surgery wasn't needed! Hooray some good news!
So life is a little slower these days but that's not stopping me. Ok let me rephrase that life is not slower I'm just slower doing the stuff in it! I will not let a broken foot get in the way of the things that need to be done. I keep telling myself there are people out there that are way worse off that do more than me. I'll have an update after the 20th when I go back to see the Ortho Dr. My kids have realized that if they take something that there not supposed to all they have to do is run away and I can't catch them...very fast anyways. They are becoming a little more independent which is good.
I'm grateful for all the help and meals that we have gotten that first week. It helped out so much and was really appreciated. Now for the pictures... there sort of gross... just warning ya!

It's actually more pretty now than in these picture... my toes are actually almost all purple now!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Jill, I still am laughing about your foot story. Not that I don't feel bad or anything, but just thinking of you screaming for 15 mins and then Having Travis rub your back is too funny! I think you're so awesome for not letting it slow you down too!!

Francis Family said...

ha Alison, it's true, I can just picture it! You do great still, and I never hear you complain!

Jordana said...

Yes, you definitely have to document that! You're such a trooper, I'm sending you good vibes to have the boot off before your trip!