Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Best Trip Ever!

Okay so maybe not are best trip ever. After the first night we were wondering if we should have even gone down to Edmonton. I got sick with this nasty flu that hit me like a tonne of bricks! I had really bad chills and couldn't stop coughing. But... because I'm a Mom I had to tough it out. We took are car to have a tune up and a remote starter put in. (Probably the best thing that happened on the trip!) We were shuttled over to the west ed mall to pass the day away. We took Emma on some rides which she liked once they started. I would post pictures but we left the camera in the car at the shop! So no pictures sorry. The we took her to see the Sea Lions which was actually a pretty good show. We got Emma's picture taken beside one of them and paid to have it emailed to my account... well it hasn't shown up yet. So again no pictures of that either.

I was so glad when we finally got back to the hotel so that I could just lay on the bed and do nothing. The next day after not having much sleep we got up and took Emma to the Space and Science center. (Thanks for the suggestion Lindsay it was great). Emma had lots of fun until just to top off my day... (just so you know before I tell you what happened Emma was in the bathroom with me about 5 mins before the best part of are trip happened!) We were in an area called the discovery corner for little kids. In here they have giant building blocks and water tables and a giant piano that you walk on! Travis took Emma to see the water stuff and ... well when he turned around to get Emma's attention... she got his! Her pants were soaked. Travis thought that it was just water from the toys, then he felt it and it was warm! Of course we had no other pants for her. We did have extra underwear and a pull up. It made me so mad because I had a pair of jeans in my hands at Old Navy the day before and put them down cause I was like I'll just get them when we go to south common! So we had to wrap her pants around her legs and make her sit in her stroller with no pants on only a pull up! It was a serious gong show!

Oh and then the next day we never made it to south common for more shopping. We were all too sick and just wanted to come home! Really we should have just stayed and hybernated in are house for the week! But I do have a nice warm car to get into now... I guess one good thing came out of are trip.

3 comments:

Elysa Johnston said...

The best trips we have are when we leave the kids with grandparents!! No, but seriously it's good to do things with them in Edmonton that you can't do here! Better luck next time!

Jess said...

Hey!!! When I saw your comment I was like, "who the heck is the Anderson family?" Ohhhh! That Anderson family! What's up guys!!! You're family looks great! How is Fort McMurray? When are you coming down to visit us? I'm glad I can read up on your blog now!

Tim and Ashlee said...

Oh man...that sucks. And it's way worse when mommy gets sick.