Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Days the Furnace Crapped Out!!

Now I say DAYS cause of course it couldn't just be one day!!! Here we are in March... supposedly days are supposed to warm up, snow should be melting, and we should get rain instead of more snow... lots more snow. But then I have to remind myself that March never turns out like this and we do live in Fort McMurray so of course we would be getting -40 weather!
So on sunday Travis and the kids came home from church and the house was cold. Apparently while we were gone the furnace decided not to work! And it was freezing outside! The temperature was dropping in the house and we didn't know what to do to fix it. Luckly we have a guy in are ward at church that works with heating and air conditioning. We called him and he came right over. He told Travis to turn off the breaker so that the house wouldn't cool down as fast. When Jeff came over they turned the breaker back on the way it went... everything seemed to be working fine. Then... yesterday I was folding clothes thinking man its getting cold in here... I went and looked at the temperature and we were falling again. So me being the handy person that I am went downstairs turned off the breaker and called Travis! I know i'm so handy!!! HaHa. Anyways Travis told me to call Jeff again so I did. And once again he came over and turned the breaker back on... but this time in didn't work. I was like the flame would egnite then go out just like if the gas had been cut off... Dont worry the gas billed did get paid. It crossed my mind trust me! Apparently there is something in your furnace that if there is dust on it, it won't work. So I had Jeff come all the way over to wipe some dust out of my furnace! All in all we are still warm today so far! It's been crazy. We had a family over for dinner sunday and thought that we might have to eat on the floor all huddled together around the stove.
We are all doing good now and things worked out... thankgoodness for Jeff the furnace guy.

3 comments:

Tim and Ashlee said...

That sucks! I'm glad it's working for you again. Cuz it's way too cold out!

Francis Family said...

Um you know if that happens again we live a couple blocks away! And you know you are more than welcome to come here to warm up. We were wondering why Jeff called us on Sunday on his way to your house asking where you lived haha. Let me know if it goes out again. Hopefully it stays fixed cuz they are leaving tomorrow for a week! ha Oh and you should be used to having a freezing cold house ahaha ;) just kiddin.

Jess said...

Oh my goodness! I'm a california wussie and we have to have our furnace on in the winter! I can't even imagine -40 degree weather anymore! I hope you guys stay warm! Ward "family" members are the best!