Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Hustle and Bustle!


Well December has officially begun for us. It only took me a week into the month to get the tree up and decorated. I must say my house looks lots better with the Christmas decorations than it did before. We have had a busy month already and it is just starting!
Last weekend we went out to Kevin and Michele's house for our family Christmas party. It was lots of fun. Emma had a blast dressing up. She came out in about 7 different outfits... the yellow sparkly tutu and body suit was a definite favorite that's for sure. We did a white elephant exchange... Sharisse was the luckiest this year meaning( she got my present!!! Lucky girl!) It was an electric plunger! Everybody needs one of them. Travis was the second luckiest. He opened up 4 boxes of leftover Halloween chocolate bars. Just what we need when were trying to get ourselves into shape!! We had a good time and look forward the party every year!

The next day was the Syncrude Family Christmas Party. They always have some kind of performance like a magician or puppeteer. This year was a magician. He was really good but I think the adults were more entertained than the kids! Then it was off the eat good ole hamburgers and hot dogs!MMM! After that we went to visit Santa. I really thought that Emma would go and sit on his lap this year but... there was no way! She didn't want to get close to him. We finally convinced her to sit on the stool in front of him. We put Tobin on Santa's lap and well... I think the picture speaks for itself! Oh ya lucky me got to be in it too. The kids get really good presents every year too. This year who ever bought the gifts couldn't have been more on! Emma got a barbie princess throne, it came with earring, bracelets, rings, and a necklace. She loves it. Tobin got a Winnie the Pooh toy that makes lots of noise. It was perfect for the age that he is at. And they both got a balloon that really seems to be the high light of the day!

That evening Travis and I were off the the Syncrude Adult Christmas Party. Like always tonnes of people I have never seen and a few that Travis knew. We just go there for the food. We actually left and went to a movie after dinner. It was a good night.

I think for the most part the parties are over and now I need to do a little Christmas baking. Me and Emma made some sugar cookies that turned out pretty good! I'm still searching for a really good sugar cookie recipe... does anyone have one i could try?

We are excited for Christmas and look forward to all the joy that comes with this time of the year... even the cold weather... I guess!

No comments: