Thursday, January 21, 2010

Braces, Baking and Basements

I did it! I have had a cross bite for my whole life and it will finally be gone. I'm one of the lucky ones though... I think! I only have them on for 8 months if everything goes good. I feel like I never get full from eating. It takes so long to eat that by the time I'm done I feel like I could eat another plate! I hear it gets better after a few weeks.

Emma wanted to make a cake so we made some cupcakes. Usually I'm not that big on cupcakes because they are small and tedious to decorate but I found the this awesome icing recipe that has no fat in it... that's right NO FAT!!! I know I know it has some sugar in it that will just turn into fat but hey... it sounds good! Anyways it is really easy to make on the second try. I did it the first time and it was not fluffy at all. What you do is cook the sugar, water and cream of tartar till it starts to bubble and all the sugar is dissolved then you add that gradually into some egg whites that are beat till soft peaks formed. You whip the crap out of it as you add the hot syrup until stiff peaks form. It was really easy the second time... you just have to make sure you beat the egg whites enough the first time. Let me know if you want the recipe... it tastes like marshmallows.














So the basement is in. Yippee! We are hoping that next week we can post some picture of some framing being done. Can't wait. Sorry that most of my posts have been about our house but I am using this as a journal so it is an easy way to keep track of the progress.















Tobin this week has sure shown us his true colors. He has decided to start throwing tantrums. It's kinda weird because Emma never really had those " throw yourself on the floor" kind. She just got mad! Well, lately if you put Tobin down when he doesn't want you too he will arch his back and lay on the floor screaming! It's driving me nuts! Let's hope this phase passes soon.

We found out yesterday that Travis's shutdown that is supposed to happen in March has been push up to Monday. Yes that is January 25th. I wasn't really prepared for this to happen but I guess the sooner it's over the better. We are planning to get away as soon as it is over for a while! Can't wait to get out of town for a bit. Hopefully only one more month of rarely seeing my husband. I really do like it when he is around... maybe I should let work know that!!!!

2 comments:

The Pratts said...

Where's the picture of your braces? :) Those cupcakes are amazing, I don't know how you piped the icing on but it looks wicked! And I loved your directions on how to make the icing, "beat the crap out of it"...you should write cookbooks. Haha. I still haven't been by your lot, but I'll have to go check it out!

Francis Family said...

I will take a picture for you tomorrow Lindsey, don't you worry! Also I was reading the tantrums of Tobin and it is exactly what my girls do. It's awesome! See you tomorrow night!! We are gonna have a blast!