Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Asthma and A Lot of Work!!

We went to the Dr. yesterday because Tobin has sounded like he has had a cold. He was coughing a while ago then is sort of went away, then it came back. I had enough and wanted to find out what was going on. So I loaded up the kids and off to the Dr. we went. After the doctor checked him out for about 5min's she told me I had a really big boy! (Like I didn't already know that!) She told me that he has Asthma. I honestly wasn't that surprised. I asked her if he would eventually grow out of it. She said most likely but not until he is about 5 or 6. Great!! So it is a fight every day 4 times to be exact. He is one strong little boy. I also found out he has another ear ache. Let's hope he is on the mend and hope that winter will be over soon.
Travis has been working like a dog! We discovered last night that he has not had his full 6 days off since November!! Trust me I can tell. He is tired and hopes that all the work will come to an end soon. They were preparing for a shutdown that was supposed to happen in March but ended up starting early. Good news about that is it will be done sooner! He finally has 2 days off this weekend. Which couldn't have worked out better... I have volleyball tournament Friday and Saturday. Wish me luck! It will be some good well needed bonding time for Travis and the kids. Tobin is such a Daddy's boy. The other night Travis got home a little earlier than usual and got to see Tobin and Emma. I have never seen a little boy get off the couch so fast and crawl to the door to meet his Dad! It was so cute. It made Travis feel pretty special too!

Not too much other stuff has happened... I started making a quilt for Emma's bed for her new room. It is going to be super cute. Thanks to Sharisse for helping me out and providing some room to actually work on it. I had my 29th birthday last week too. I got 2 cakes that day, how I got so lucky I'm not sure. All I know is that I have an awesome sister in law that got me a cheesecake and made me dinner that day (thanks Mindy!) and my wonderful husband came home with ice cream cake and flowers! Emma is in gymnastics and loves it!












Our house is coming along great and much faster than we thought it would. We are getting cabinets ordered this week and picking out some of the fun stuff like colors, flooring, and counter tops. Here are some of the latest pictures. The roof should be on this week and windows will go in. AHHH the sweetness of progress... there really is an end!

2 comments:

Ryan RoxAnn Erica and Aubrey said...

It is so nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I hope that it continues for the rest of the build. Hope Tobin all the best and now you know what is wrong. now that I'm starting to get settled we would love to have you over for a play date!

Francis Family said...

Great post! I am so excited for you guys and your house, it's going to be awesome and I can't wait to come live with you all the time...I mean visit you...;)
It's funny when I read your blog how much I know about you already because we talk so much. I love it.

See you tomorrow at BINGO!! Nothing like a girls night out at a bingo hall eh!